GratitudeAmerica Response to COVID-19
GratitudeAmerica understands how the current novel Coronavirus 2019/COVID-19 has impacted the lives of the American people. Our staff currently adheres to the most recent COVID-19 guidance to reduce transmission. To protect and reassure the safety of our retreat participants, we have implemented the following guidelines in accordance with the Center for Disease Control and the Florida Department of Health:
- Maintain good social distance at least 6 feet from other people. This is very important in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Encouraging hand washing often with soap and water for at least seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Routinely cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
In addition to the above guidelines, GratitudeAmerica will provide protective face masks and utilize disposable paper products at our retreats to reduce the amount of person to person contact. To ensure we can properly socially distance at retreats we have limited the number of veterans and support persons accepted to each program.
Our retreats offer respite time, recreational activities, and both large and small group discussion for both the veteran and their support person. GratitudeAmerica will follow the most recent CDC and Florida Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines at our retreats. We aim to provide the best possible experience for our veterans and their support persons. We therefore request if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath or have been exposed to someone with these symptoms:
- Please stay home, and contact your health care provider.
- Rest and stay hydrated.
- Monitor your symptoms.
- Seek medical attention immediately if you develop the following:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Flushed lips or face
Please notify our staff immediately that you are unable to attend our retreat due to illness. We will work with you to find another retreat date once you have recovered.
We look forward to providing a safe and healthy environment for you during our retreats.
More information about COVID-19 and how to prevent the transmission can be found at:
The Center for Disease Control website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Florida Department of Health website: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
U.S. Veterans Administration website: https://www.va.gov/coronavirus-veteran-frequently-asked-questions/#coronavirus-specific-concerns